I haven’t shared a creative process post in a while and since it’s NaNoWriMo, here’s a simple one!
Putting together playlists, mixtapes, etc. (and curating illustration collections) is how I refine concepts I’m in the process of building.
This first week of NaNoWriMo, I’m focused on The Descent Files: Hana series.
So here is a soundtrack-styled list, that I put together today, using songs that have been part of my process with this series (Youtube links included next to them):
- Otoño Porteño – Astor Piazzolla (YT)
- Nice and Airy – Patrick Doyle (YT)
- The Proposition – James Newton Howard (YT)
- Hollow in the Ferns – Craig Armstrong (YT)
- Abyss Watchers – TPR (YT)
- A Vampire’s Heart – Peter Gundry (YT)
- Assassin’s Breath – Daniel Pemberton (YT)
- Twisted Nerve – Bernard Herrmann (YT)
- Awake – Malukah (YT)
- The Well – Hans Zimmer (YT)
- Barnacles – Emancipator (YT)
- Forked Tongues – Joseph Loduca (YT)
- Prelude/Last Day of Sun – Brian Reitzell (YT)
- Fargo Main Theme (Season 3) – Jeff Russo (YT)
- Lancaran Orde Baru, Pelog Barang – Pak Cokro (YT)
This includes tracks for Princess Hana, but it’s also a working mix so it includes the next 3 books in the series as well.
Here is the Youtube list that plays them in order (as listed) also.